Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ya just don't understand

I took Elle to a funeral this weekend, on a plane...in a rental car, on a bus, on a train. She is a really good sport. She is a great traveler. She does not cry at the drop of a hat and is rarely inconsolable. Elle is not the problem on trips, other people are the problem. Adults are idiots. I got on the plane with my folding umbrella stroller that goes behind my suitcase (note, 1 suitcase for me and Elle...a back pack). I no longer gate check my stroller because the lovely people at Delta destroyed it. I had bought a travel bag to gate check it, and they still managed to not only wreck it...but then refuse to fix it. They wanted me to bring it back to the airport and leave it with them. How the heck does a parent of a 10 month old do that??? Go to the airport, pay to park, find the "helpful Delta Courtesy Desk" (BTW, WTF?!?!?!) and leave the stroller there. Ok. Great idea. Jerks.

So, I get on the plane with my little stroller and back pack. Load them into the overhead compartment and sit down with our small diaper bag. Good to go. Two old Jerks carrying 3 suitcases each (as carry on luggage) get on and loudly ask..."Shouldn't this stroller go under the plane?" I replied, no, it fits in the overhead and we only have that plus our ONE carry on bag. How about you mind your business and get on the plane faster if you have more JUNK to shove into the overhead bin.

It was nap time. Elle refused to nap in my arms, so I made a pallet on the floor for her to cozy up on. Yes, I let my kid sleep on a pile of pillows and sweatshirts on the floor. Would you prefer I let her scream in agony because she is tired?

No comments:

Post a Comment