Thursday, April 22, 2010

Five month check up

I have to be honest...for those who have read previous posts, you know I am obsessed with vitamins. Obsessed.

I took Elle for her 5 month check up and we saw a different doctor in the practice. Here is how it all went down:

Weight: great. She gained one pound and four ounces. Great progress.
Length: she SHRANK?!?!?!? What? That is weird and the doctor was like, "someone must have measured her wrong." Ya think? Annoying

General Check Up: All good

This doctor was very chatty and did not ask me if I had any questions. So I just started interjecting my questions. When I got to the question about vitamins she said, "all breast fed infants should be on a ACD vitamin." WHAT?!?!?!??!? I instantly felt like dirtbag mom of the year. I may as well have brought my kid into the doctor with a poopy diaper running down her leg.

I told her that our regular doctor said no vitamins. She said I was wrong. Dirtbag mom. Worst mom ever.

This doctor wanted me to start Elle on rice cereal right away. I told her I wanted to start veggies first and she was not happy with that. I don't want to give her processed food when we can just as easily smash sweet potatoes with breast milk to start. She was not supportive of that.

I can't wait to see my regular doctor again. I am never changing doctors again.

No comments:

Post a Comment