Today was a super fussy day. I really think we are back to teething time. It seemed like we did it for a while, then took a break and are now back in drool city.
To combat the crankyness, we kept busy.
For the last few weeks I have been searching for a jogging stroller on craigslist. It is amazing how much money people want for their old junk. (Note, I wanted to use another word for poop in that sentence, but kept it G rated.) I actually found a couple of "one year old, gently used" joggers for MORE than they retail for at BRU. What?!?!?! I don't care if you never used it, the value goes down when it leaves the store sweetheart.
Anyway, after several weeks of looking, I bit the bullet and went to BRU today to buy a new one. I had a 20% coupon and an itch to spend money. I do have a regular stroller system, but I am not thrilled with the hard plastic wheels and lack of maneuverability on the Chicco Cortina. Don't get me wrong, it is ok, but I don't love it, it is heavy and awkward and really, I wish I had chosen something else.
I went and got the Baby Trend Expedition LX. It is not the least expensive jogger there, but by far not the most expensive. A few things I like:
- The front wheel swivels or locks with a little button/switch near the handle bars.
- The tires are bicycle type, durable and filled with air to minimize bumping on rough terrain.
- It has 4 cup holders, two for me and two for Elle.
- It is really easy to maneuver with her in it.
- It is ugly.
- The seat positioned is a strap that has continuous positions, but doesn't feel as safe as a nice clicking one.
- It does not have the hand break like the more expensive joggers do.
It was easy to put together...but some of the instructions were funny.