Monday, August 23, 2010

9 month check up sucks

There, I said it. I said a BAD word. But it did. She had to give blood through a finger stick. She had to have a Tuberculosis test. She got two vaccines. It sucked. There was nothing fun about it.

However...she did grow!!! A bunch! She is now 29 inches long and a hearty 17 pounds and 8 ounces. She is my biggest girl!!!!! That is what I tell her every day!

Elle has also cut another tooth...right on top! She can now make her bottom teeth and top tooth touch. And she found out it makes a cool noise when you grind them together! Yeah!

She had her first egg yolk the other day, winner. We are going to give her a sample of soy formula because we have like 5 cans sitting in the cabinet.

Oh yeah, the biggest news...Elle pretty much has weaned herself. She refuses REFUSES to breast feed any time during the day except her first morning feeding. At first she just would not do it in public. Then she would not do it at home. Then I started to really worry because she was not nursing at all during the day. I was really worried about dehydration and the nutrients she was missing out on. So I offered her a bottle one morning after I had tried to offer her morning boobie...and she drank it all. 5 oz gone in seconds. I offered her nursing later that day and she refused, so I offered a bottle and she drank that. So that is where we are. I had told the pediatrician at 6 months that we were just going to keep nursing until she did not want to anymore...I just did not expect it to happen this soon.

So now I am a formula consumer. The problem is, all the coupons from Similac have expired...and I am not about to pay retail!!!! So if anyone knows anyone at Similac...tell them to send some more coupons! Sincerely, a really cheap mom....

2 comments:

  1. Call Similac and tell them you've been breastfeeding for 9 months and your daughter is finally starting to want a bottle. You want to try out their product. Can they send coupons? :) I'm sure they will gladly send you some so that they can win your consumer heart!

    ReplyDelete