Friday, March 5, 2010

All in good time

It felt like the day I brought Elle home everyone was telling me I needed to get out of the house. I understood their logic, but I was not ready. When I was ready to duck out for an hour my mom and my grandmother stayed with Elle. At the beginning though, I just did not want to be out --even when I was. It was hard because she ate every 2 hours (or 1 and a half) and I just wasn't ready. Really, I had all the 'symptoms' of a first time mom.

By the time I was ready to leave her for the night, my aunt was very excited to baby sit. Because I was ready, I did not worry at all. I walked out of the house knowing she was in good hands and ready to have a nice evening with my husband.

The moral of this short and lame story is, do what you gotta do when you are ready. It was not worth it for me to force myself out and about if I was going to spend the whole time worrying about Elle. I would not have been pleasant company!

1 comment:

  1. For sure!!! Olivia is 4 and she still hasn't spent a night away from mom and/or dad. The only nights I have ever spent away from her were because I was in the hospital. And it's just because we enjoy being together as a family! :o) My hubby and I have probably only had a handful of date nights but we are both more than ok with it :o) We end up missing her lots by the time our date is over LOL plus pretty much every night after 8pm is an at home date night, right? Anyhow, it all goes back to your mommy instinct and doing what you feel is right for you and your little one :o) You are doing AMAZING!! :o) Hugs

    ReplyDelete