Monday, June 7, 2010

Dear makers of children's sunblock,

Are you stupid?

Why does your product sting the eyes?

I was lucky to have a winter baby so she was 6 months old on her first trip to the beach. I slathered her head to toe in SPF 50 and used the same stuff on myself (gotta protect that skin). Within five minutes Elle and I were both crying because we had touched our eyes! I have tried a couple brands with the same results. Stupid sunblock.


On a barely related note...I was at the beach and I saw a mom putting sun block on a 4 or 5 year old girl. The girl was squirming and saying, "don't mommy, it is gross". The mom appropriately replied, "you have to wear sunblock". However, as soon as she was done with her daughter...while the girl was still standing there...she grabbed a towel and furiously wiped off her hands saying, "I have to get this gross stuff off me". Way to set that positive example!

No comments:

Post a Comment