Thursday, May 27, 2010

Elle started formula last night...

As I have lamented, since my hospital stay I just don't make enough milk anymore and so we have started supplementing Elle's night time meal with formula. Last night I had about 5 oz frozen breast milk to which I added 1 oz of formula. I want to start slow! For the first night since I have been home she slept from 9:15 to 4:00 am. That was great for us. I think I will do the same thing until we run out of frozen breast milk. I have several packets ranging in volume from 2 to 5 oz...the pediatrician said she can eat up to 6 oz before bed and so if I use a packet of frozen or two and supplement that volume with some formula we are making a nice transition for mommy and baby alike. Hopefully that will make her sleep more.

No comments:

Post a Comment