Saturday, February 20, 2010

Reputable source of information?

Last night baby Elle’s Angel Care monitor went off at midnight. I freaked and ran into her room. She had wedged herself in the corner of the crib and was too far away from the sensor. She was fine.


I moved her back to the middle of the crib and went back to bed. At two, I heard her crying, not usual for her. I returned to her room and she was wedged in the corner again and had her head pressed against the crib slats, it obviously hurt. I put her back in the middle of the crib and kissed her goodnight again, no residual crying.


When I got back to bed Elle’s dad asked what was happening. I told her she had wedged her head and it hurt.

He said, “Some babies like the pain of banging their heads.”

I said, “That is stupid.”

He said, “I read it somewhere.”

I asked, “Where?”

He said, “I am not sure if it is reputable.”

I said, “Probably not.”


Apparently there is a Baby Center article about this. According to the article, Elle is too young to bang her head to soothe so I am going to assume she just got stuck in the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment